In this week's blog, one of our Memories Over Macros coaches, Quita Hall, shares her Overnight Protein Oats recipe! These are a quick & simple go-to breakfast option that takes minutes to make and can be very macro-friendly! (learn more about Quita Hall here)
- 1 oatmeal packet (or 1 serving of quick oats)
- 3-4oz high-protein milk
- 1/2-1 scoop of Protein Powder (We recommend PEScience Select Protein)
- 1/3-1/2 banana
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of salt
- Toppings of choice (have fun here): Quita used cashews, peanut butter, chocolate chips, berries, and a vegan oatmeal bite.
1. Add oatmeal to a bowl and use enough milk to cover the oatmeal, add cinnamon/salt & make as the package directs (microwave for 40-60 seconds)
2. The oatmeal should not be runny. If so, microwave for another 20-30 secs. If on the drier side, add another splash of milk. Stir until creamy.
3. Add 1/3 banana and mash into oatmeal until smooth.
4. Add 1/2-1 scoop of protein powder & mix until creamy. Add more liquid if needed.
**Add toppings (or wait until time to eat) and place in the fridge for at least 2hrs; overnight is best
Macros (without toppings): Carbs: 40g, Fats: 2g, Protein: 27g
There are many benefits to making overnight protein oats and keeping them on hand! The most important is that they keep your heart healthy, and also support a healthy gut, and help with weight control by keeping you feelling full for longer. They are high in fiber and micronutrients.
Don't forget to follow Quita on Instagram @quitaflo for more recipes and fitness tips!
Supplements to help
Don't forget... use discount code: Aubrie to get 15% OFF your orders!
- Select Protein[link] is our premium whey + casein blend, proven to be more effective than 100% whey, and uses milk protein isolate as the main ingredient plus it is carb friendly and low in fat and sugar.