Written by Memories Over Macros Coach: Quita Hall (learn more about our team here)
Dessert for breakfast that’s HEALTHY?
Pancakes, the breakfast delight we all love to indulge in. However, just because you want to eat healthier doesn’t mean you have to say bye to this delicious treat! Instead, all it takes is making some ingredient changes to make a macro-friendly version that tastes just as good but will also leave you FEELING great!
This recipe is a twist take on the tropical drink we all love, but can also be used as a base for any pancakes, and from there the world is your oyster! Any toppings, additions to the batter, whatever that helps you stay on your diet without having to stick with boring and bland foods!
PIÑA COLADA PANCAKES
- 1-1.5 serving(s) of Birch Bender’s
- Banana Paleo Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 banana (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. nut butter (optional)
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein (optional)
- Syrup of choice (sugar free, maple, agave, honey)
- Mix together pancake mix, pineapple, vanilla, half of coconut flakes, cinnamon & protein powder (optional). Then, add 1-2 tbsp. of water to get desired pancake consistency.
2. Heat pan & use nonstick spray; once pan is heated through, pour in pancake batter (makes 2-3 medium sized pancakes)
3. Flip pancake once bubbles begin to form. (DO NOT PRESS PANCAKE DOWN WITH SPATULA!)
4. Remove from heat once golden brown on both sides; top pancakes with sliced banana, remainder of shredded coconut, nut butter & drizzle with syrup. (OR get creative with your own choice of toppings!)
Pro Tip: If using protein powder, try undercooking the pancake just a little to ensure protein powder does not dry our the pancakes!
Post by MoM Coach Quita Hall!
Interested in working with Quita? Learn more about our coaches here or email Quita directly at firstname.lastname@example.org – don’t forget to mention this blog!
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Masters of Science in Nursing Education
- NASM Certified Nutrition Coach
- Flexible Dieting
- Overall Body Transformation
Looking for a supplement that pairs GREAT with macro-focused recipes? We really love the Symbion-GI product from PE Science! Symbiont-GI is a full-spectrum all-in-one GI support product featuring premium digestive enzymes, LactoSpore® probiotic, and digestive aids like slippery elm bark and the patented PepZin GI®. This is gut support from top-to-bottom, that would normally be sold as 3 separate products. Check it out here!
Don’t forget… use discount code: Aubrie to get 15% OFF your orders!