In this week's blog, Aubrie shows us step by step how to make easy high-protein taco soup! There is nothing better than a hot bowl of soup during those cold winter days. This soup is super simple with healthy ingredients and is packed with nutrients!
"I said it was EASY. And also sooo macro friendly!! You can literally add or subtract whatever ingredients you want to this. The hubs doesn’t even like soup and he eats this…likely because it has chips and MEAT Enjoy!"
- 2 Chicken breasts (adjust to serving needs)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1-2 cans of corn
- 1-2 cans of tomato chunks
- 1 container of chicken stock
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
*add chili beans (it's whatever you prefer!)
*This recipe is made in the Instant Pot on the slow cooker setting (low or high) just cook until your chicken is done!
1. Rinse your chicken and place into the Instant Pot.
2. Add the rotel tomatoes, corn, tomato chunks, chicken stock, and packet of taco seasoning.
3. Place your beans into a strainer and rinse them off before adding them to the Instant Pot.
4. Check to see if the chicken is cooked all the way through.
5. Remove chicken, shred it (I like my mixer for shredding), and place it back into the Instant Pot.
6. Last, top with all your favorites: cilantro, tortilla strips, sour cream, and cheese.
Soup doesn't have to be just comfort food, it can be a great source for your protein needs! You can make it high-calorie muscle-building bowls or low-calorie fat loss cups.
Make this delicious soup right at home with the recipe! High Protein Taco Soup
Don't forget to follow Aubrie on Instagram @aubrieb and YouTube.
Supplements To Help
Here is a supplement I wanted to highlight that can help you with muscle building and fatigue! TruCreatine+ Powder from PEScience.
Don’t forget… use discount code: aubrie to get 15% OFF your orders!
- TruCreatine+ Powder: Premium micronized creatine powder helps increase power, reduce fatigue, and improve muscular size.